Effective Date: March 1, 2023
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users. This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users as well as users of our games; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
you confirm that you are not under 13 (thirteen) years old. The Game is not intended for anyone under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Who Are We?
Sticky Rice Games Inc. is an incorporated entity under the Laws of the Province of Ontario and applicable Laws of Canada providing digital goods such as games and related online services and our main and sole physical business location is:
10 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Information We May Collect
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your device called Log Data. This Data may include:
- Microsoft Account Username and Email address (for games downloaded from the Microsoft or Xbox Store)
- Google Play Username and Google Account E-mail Address (for games downloaded from the Google Play Store)
- IP Address and/or location based on IP Address
- Device Identifier, hardware model, OS version, network connectivity status
- List of running processes on the device (only if crash report is submitted to us)
- Advertising ID such as Android AD ID or Unity Ad ID
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory. This Game does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
Purpose of Collection
We use the information collected from you in order to provide, operate, administer, troubleshoot, upgrade and improve the Game and its experiences.
Your information is used for the following reasons:
- Diagnose and Troubleshoot problems
- Accept/Refund Payments for any in app purchase
- Accept/Refund payments for Google Play Store purchase
- Prevent fraud, cheating, unauthorized uses and illegal activity
- Perform analytics and research aimed at improving the user experience, game performance and effectiveness of various marketing approaches
- Enable user-to-user networking and communication
- Provide you with newsletter and/or promotional materials through the game, device notifications, e-mails or any other electronic means
- Fulfill our legal obligations under applicable laws including laws outside of your country of residence, comply with legal process, respond to government authorities including government outside of your country of residence, protect our rights, business interests, safety and/or property rights
Third Party Services
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
Microsoft ClarityWe partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the site at https://privacy.microsoft.com/privacystatement
Nevada Residents - Additional Disclosures
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at email@example.com.
California Residents - Additional Disclosures
These additional disclosures apply only to California residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) as updated by the “California Privacy Rights Act” (the “CPRA”) and subsequent regulations. provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
1. Notice of Collection.
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, alias, postal address, email address, phone number, account name, IP address, and other similar identifiers.
- Demographic information, including your age and gender.
- Internet activity, including browsing history, search history and information regarding your interactions with our Services.
- Geolocation data.
- Employment and education data, including employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and referral information.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
For more details on the personal information we collect, including the sources we receive personal information from, review the “Information We Collect” section above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the “Use of Information” section above.
2. Right to Know and Right to Delete
If you are a California resident, you have the rights to delete the personal information we have collected from you and know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through email. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
3. Shine the Light
Customers who are residents of California have the right to request a disclosure describing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and with whom we have shared it, during the preceding calendar year. You may request a copy of that disclosure by contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section above and specifying that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
Virginia Residents - Additional Disclosures
Categories of personal data we collect
We have collected the following categories of personal data: identifiers and internet information
We do not collect sensitive data.
We will not collect additional categories of personal data without notifying you.
Your privacy rights under the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act and how to exercise them
You may exercise certain rights regarding your data processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- access personal data: the right to know. You have the right to request that we confirm whether or not we are processing your personal data. You also have the right to access such personal data.
- correct inaccurate personal data. You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal data we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the purposes of the processing of the personal data.
- request the deletion of your personal data. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal data.
- obtain a copy of your personal data. We will provide your personal data in a portable and usable format that allows you to transfer data easily to another entity — provided that this is technically feasible.
- opt out of the processing of your personal data for the purposes of targeted advertising, the sale of personal data, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- non-discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the VCDPA. This means that we will not, among other things, deny goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services just because you exercised your consumer privacy rights. However, if you refuse to provide your personal data to us or ask us to delete or stop selling your personal data, and that personal data or sale is necessary for us to provide you with goods or services, we may not be able to complete that transaction. To the extent permitted by the law, we may offer a different price, rate, level, quality, or selection of goods or services to you, including offering goods or services for no fee, if you have exercised your right to opt out, or our offer is related to your voluntary participation in a bona fide loyalty, rewards, premium features, discounts, or club card program.
European Union - Additional Disclosures
Data protection laws in Europe distinguish between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “processors”). Sticky Rice Games Inc. acts as a controller with respect to personal data collected as you interact with our websites, emails, and advertisements.
Lawful Basis for Processing.
If you a data subject in Europe, we only process your personal data based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- you have consented to the processing of your personal data;
- we need your personal data to provide you with services and products;
- requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries;
- we have a legal obligation to process your personal data; or
- we or a third party, have a legitimate interest in using your personal data and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
If you are a data subject in Europe, we will transfer your personal data subject to appropriate safeguards, such as Standard Contractual Clauses.
Your European Privacy Rights.
If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to:
- Request access to and receive information about the personal data we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, to restrict or to object to the processing of your personal data, to have the personal data deleted, or to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal data to another company.
- Withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your personal data, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
You may exercise your rights by one of the following means: submitting a request to us at the addresses set out in the “Contact Us” section above. We will try to respond to your request within 30 days. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions.
Please note that we retain personal data as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
Brazil - Additional Disclosures
This part of the document uses the term “personal information“ as it is defined in the Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (LGPD).
You have the right to:
- obtain confirmation of the existence of processing activities on your personal information;
- access to your personal information;
- have incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal information rectified;
- obtain the anonymization, blocking or elimination of your unnecessary or excessive personal information, or of information that is not being processed in compliance with the LGPD;
- obtain information on the possibility to provide or deny your consent and the consequences thereof;
- obtain information about the third parties with whom we share your personal information;
- obtain, upon your express request, the portability of your personal information (except for anonymized information) to another service or product provider, provided that our commercial and industrial secrets are safeguarded;
- obtain the deletion of your personal information being processed if the processing was based upon your consent, unless one or more exceptions provided for in art. 16 of the LGPD apply;
- revoke your consent at any time;
- lodge a complaint related to your personal information with the ANPD (the National Data Protection Authority) or with consumer protection bodies;
- oppose a processing activity in cases where the processing is not carried out in compliance with the provisions of the law;
- request clear and adequate information regarding the criteria and procedures used for an automated decision; and
- request the review of decisions made solely on the basis of the automated processing of your personal information, which affect your interests. These include decisions to define your personal, professional, consumer and credit profile, or aspects of your personality.
You will never be discriminated against, or otherwise suffer any sort of detriment, if you exercise your rights.
How to file your request
You can file your express request to exercise your rights free from any charge, at any time, by using the contact details provided in this document, or via your legal representative.
Transfer of personal information outside of Brazil permitted by the law
We are allowed to transfer your personal information outside of the Brazilian territory in the following cases:
- when the transfer is necessary for international legal cooperation between public intelligence, investigation and prosecution bodies, according to the legal means provided by the international law;
- when the transfer is necessary to protect your life or physical security or those of a third party;
- when the transfer is authorized by the ANPD;
- when the transfer results from a commitment undertaken in an international cooperation agreement;
- when the transfer is necessary for the execution of a public policy or legal attribution of public service;
- when the transfer is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation, the carrying out of a contract or preliminary procedures related to a contract, or the regular exercise of rights in judicial, administrative or arbitration procedures.
Privacy Disclosure and Deletion Requests
You can send your request for privacy disclosure and/or deletion of personal information by using this form available at https://stickyricegames.com/data-deletion/