Besiege Great Khans, Imperial warlords and Shōgun commanders in Stronghold: Warlords, the latest 'castle sim' from Firefly Studios. Command AI warlords across the battlefield as you build a castle economy and new gunpowder-fuelled siege engines!
Following the success of Stronghold Crusader 2, Firefly’s first ever self-publishing Stronghold game, early design work began on their next entry in the classic ‘castle sim’ series. A number of prototypes came and went with the intention of adding something completely new to the series’ trademark gameplay. Lead Designer Simon Bradbury knew he wanted to evolve the estates system from previous games, giving players greater control and strategic options across the battlefield. The new Warlords Map was born from this initial design goal and extended to include unique upgradable commanders with their own unique perks and characteristics. When it came to choosing a setting Firefly looked toward a new time and place for their next title. East Asia was chosen as a suitable framework for the warlords, new siege equipment, gunpowder and troops from different cultures across Asia. After just over a year in active development Stronghold: Warlords was revealed at E3 2019.
- CONQUER AND COMMAND WARLORDS across the battlefield unlocking more powerful castles, armies and abilities.
- RELIVE HISTORICAL CAMPAIGNS from 3rd century BC China, to the rise of the Tokugawa shogunate and coming of the Mongol Empire.
- RECRUIT NEW UNITS including imperial fire lancers, disciplined samurai, Mongolian horse archers and deadly ninja.
- RAZE YOUR ENEMIES with the arrival of gunpowder and new siege weapons like the hwacha arrow launcher, siege tower and fire oxen!
- BECOME THE GREATEST LORD through fear or admiration using a range of medieval entertainment, taxation and torture.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner - Indie Showcase"
- PAX Online 2020
- "Official Selection"
- Bitsummit Gaiden 2020
- "Best of E3 2019 Nominee"
- "Best of E3 Round Up"
- "Best of E3 - Round Up"
- "Best Indie Games of E3 - Round Up"
- Game Rant
- "We're possibly in for a return to greatness here"
- Nate Crowley, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "If you’ve played any of the older Stronghold series, you’re likely to get a nostalgic thrill"
- Ian Boudreau, PCGamesN
- "Unique units, vibrant scenery and a brand new way to play"
- Helen Ashcroft, TheGamer
- "Designed to challenge what you think you know about standard RTS"
- Nic Reuben, TheSixthAxis
Available for free from https:.
Strongholds: Warlord Credits
Lead Designer, Firefly Studios
Company President, Firefly Studios
Senior Producer, Firefly Studios